How can I tell if my home has been damaged by high winds in a storm?
Has there been a powerful wind storm in your area recently? Are you concerned that you may have had some damage to your home as a result of the storm?
A heavy wind storm can do a lot of damage in a short amount of time. It can cause trees to fall, it can damage your roof, and it can damage furniture and other outdoor items.
Even so, it is not always easy to know just what may have been damaged around your home in the course of a powerful storm. So it’s important to do a checkup after the storm to see what may need to be fixed or replaced.
Here are some suggestions for areas to check. Examine the following areas around your home for possible damage.
– Check your roof. Are there any shingles that are missing or damaged? Are all sections of the roof still intact?
– Check your windows to see if the shutters are still in good condition.
– Check the siding on your house to see if any pieces have blown loose.
– If you don’t have siding, inspect the stucco or other outdoor finishes to see if they have developed any splits or have been cracked or chipped.
– Check your door frames and exterior window frames for cracks or other damage.
– Check the glass on your doors and windows to see if any window panes have been blown out. Also, look for any tress that have been knocked down and blown into your windows and doors.
– Look around your property, as well as the areas surrounding your property. Look for anything that may have blown loose, including outdoor furniture and appliances, children’s toys, gardening equipment, signs, pet supplies, and so forth.
Of course, this is not an exhaustive list of things to look for and areas to check. The best thing you can do after a powerful wind storm is to take the time to carefully inspect all aspects of your home and property, and look for anything out of the ordinary. If you do, you can find and repair damage quickly, thus minimizing further problems.